Snowy Robin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowy Robin

Best wishes to all forum members with my Christmas Card shot for 2012 - shot in my back garden on 4 April this year!

1D3, 500mm f4 @ f4, 1/320, ISO 400 (on tripod)

robin by maltwiz, on Flickr

Re: Snowy Robin

Brilliant!
    Thanks for sharing

Ian
    EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Classic Christmas image that ticks all the right boxes.Great shot.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Beautiful Shot, shame it couldn't be entered into the Forum Challenge.
        Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Gorgeous
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Superb shot. Very appropriate.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks all - a bit hackneyed I know but .........

Mark W

Comment

That is a delightful Christmas card shot.

From a commercial perspective, it has plenty of space above for a greetings message and the Robin is even looking in that direction. If that were my shot, I would be touting that to card and calendar manufacturers.
                Colin

Comment

Stunning shot

Alan
                  Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                    That is a delightful Christmas card shot.

From a commercial perspective, it has plenty of space above for a greetings message and the Robin is even looking in that direction. If that were my shot, I would be touting that to card and calendar manufacturers.
                    Missed out this year Colin as I left it a bit late - can't believe the lead times - but on the books for next year, so watch your local stationery/online suppliers one and all!

Comment

Absolutely delightful - well done - should make a smashing card...
                      Robin

Comment

Originally posted by mwphoto View Post
                        Missed out this year Colin as I left it a bit late - can't believe the lead times - but on the books for next year, so watch your local stationery/online suppliers one and all!
                        Lead times are long. You might just have made it if you sent it in shortly after you took the shot.

Just a general thought for you and any members looking to make commercial use of their photos: I have already mentioned space for any tags or greetings, but you should also consider taking the shot in both formats. Generally, portrait for greetings cards and landscape for calendars. Look at the Countryfile Calendar competition and any portrait formats seem to disappear before the final 12.
                        Colin

Comment

An excellent shot, and very good advice Colin, as always.

John

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                            Lead times are long. You might just have made it if you sent it in shortly after you took the shot.

Just a general thought for you and any members looking to make commercial use of their photos: I have already mentioned space for any tags or greetings, but you should also consider taking the shot in both formats. Generally, portrait for greetings cards and landscape for calendars. Look at the Countryfile Calendar competition and any portrait formats seem to disappear before the final 12.
                            Colin, you really are a font of all knowledge. Really excellent points made, so thanks for the info...who killed cock Robin???

Comment

The falling snow has made this into a great image.
                              An Image in Time is a Stepping Stone to Eternity

Comment

Working...
                              X