Some more from Caerlaverock WWT.

Incoming Whoopers

1/8000

Wigeon

1/1500

Female Teal

1/1000

All taken in M mode ISO 400 AP 5.6
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: Caerlaverock WWT

Nice shots Alan

I'll be in Dumfries late tomorrow for an overnight stay but, unfortunately, I'll be leaving early on Monday - picking up my Dad for a New Year visit to Blair Atholl and the Pitlochry Street Party on the 1st. I might try and find the time for Caerlaverock when we take Dad home on Wednesday or Thursday.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

A couple of nice poses with the first two Alan but they are all looking a bit soft, which is surprisong given the shutter speeds you used - are they big crops

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
        A couple of nice poses with the first two Alan but they are all looking a bit soft, which is surprisong given the shutter speeds you used - are they big crops

Stan
        Stan
        the wigeon is a slight crop the other 2 are as taken,i seem to have difficulty getting very sharp images compared to others.
        ? not holding steady enough.

Bob,
        give us a shout if you are going and need some company.

Alan
        Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Comment

I agree with Stan that there is a little softness there but I wonder if it's the sane problem I have where otherwise sharp images soften on posting on this forum. Not sure I have seen any answer to this as oversharpening prior to posting introduces other artifacts.

David
            PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

I also agree with Stan.
              I assume these were taken with the 7D & 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS.

Your exif only states the shutter speed. What is the aperture and ISO?
              Did you shoot with IS in mode2 and camera set to A1 Servo?
              Are these image taken in jpg or RAW?
              Maybe that combo needs a little calibrating.

Just helpful questions.
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                I also agree with Stan.
                I assume these were taken with the 7D & 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS.

Your exif only states the shutter speed. What is the aperture and ISO?
                Did you shoot with IS in mode2 and camera set to A1 Servo?
                Are these image taken in jpg or RAW?
                Maybe that combo needs a little calibrating.

Just helpful questions.

Thanks all for the feedback.

ISO was 400 and AP was 5.6 for all images in manual mode.
                I used my 7D with 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens combo.
                IS was mode1 and camera in AI Servo.
                All images shot in RAW then converted to j peg for processing and posting.

How do you calibrate this combo and would it affect the use of other lenses?

Alan

Just thinking could this be a problem shooting through the windows of the hide???
                Last edited by Alan Campbell; 30-12-2012, 15:31. Reason: "just thinking"

Comment

Hi Akan

For birds in flight (BIF) when you are panning you need to use IS mode 2.

The 7D has micro-adjustment facility which you can adjust (calibrate) the lens.
                  The amount of adjustment can be unique to each lens or you can adjust each lens by the same amount.
                  I would prefer to adjust each lens individually.
                  The camera remembers each adjustment, there is no actual physical change to the camera or lens.
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X