Black Capped Kingfisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Capped Kingfisher

Couldn't get any closer than this but he and his mate were frequent visitors on top of the tall trees near but too far from where I'd pitched my hide.

Andy

5D3 w/70-200 f2.8L ISii + 2xiii @ 4000 @ 1/1000 x f6.7 @ ISO 800, tripod mounted, fully cropped

BNE_2208.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr
    Last edited by AndyMackie; 02-05-2013, 10:54.

Re: Black Capped Kingfisher

What a fabulous looking bird

Comment

Too far away, just like the UK kingfishers are most of the time. Obviously the large crop doesnt do the bird justice but at least its a record till you get "the" shot

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Yes he is, Muscat, but Stan's right, he's too far away. Still, its what keeps us coming back for more! To the Canon shop, that is, for bigger and better telephotos!
        I want, sorry need, the new 400mm 2.8 - with the 2x, it looks like an awesome 800mm combo. Please, father christmas, please....
        Anyway, thanks for the comments - I'm off to bed, way past my bedtime, and I've been hit with the 503 bug for the last in this series (as an aside - is it somehow linked with high usage accounts, as I've been posting from the computer a lot this week?). I'll maybe switch to Tapatalk then zzzzz
        Andy

Comment

Andy.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X