Green Woody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green Woody

Had two green woodys on my front lawn at once, so thinking they are probably juveniles. Anyway, I managed to open a window and get about 20 shots. Here are just two of then

7D and 55-250 lens

#1 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

#2 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Re: Green Woody

Two at once, I have never even had one in my garden so well done. Are these big crops as they look quite noisy for ISO 400 on a 7D. They are also looking a bit "cold", warming the colour temperature and a half stop of + exposure compensation makes them look much better

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      Two at once, I have never even had one in my garden so well done. Are these big crops as they look quite noisy for ISO 400 on a 7D. They are also looking a bit "cold", warming the colour temperature and a half stop of + exposure compensation makes them look much better

Stan
      Fairly hefty crops Stan, so Ive bobbed up another here with a tad more exp. comp. and less sharpening. Let me know what u think.

#3 by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Comment

Good catches Rob, I get lots of birds in my Garden but never had one of these!!

Number 3 is very nice indeed.

Regards Paul

Comment

See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
            Good catches Rob, I get lots of birds in my Garden but never had one of these!!

Number 3 is very nice indeed.

Regards Paul
            Thanks Paul. I usually see one or two of these each day as I walk to work. Regarding my post, I processed these very early in the morning, so obviously the eyes were not fully awake! Also my camera at the time was set up for sunny macro, with the exp. comp turned down. My front garden is north facing, hence the original images were rather dark. So taking Stans advice I processed the whole lot again, which as #3 shows, has made a difference

Comment

Very nice. I like 1 over 3 the BG is better.
              anand

Comment

Worth the re process

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Working...
                X