The Hawk Consercancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hawk Consercancy

A couple of months ago I asked for recommendations for a day out in Southern England. The Hawk Conservancy came highly recommended so I paid them a visit on Saturday and here are some of the results, courtesy of Vultures, Eagles, Kites and the odd owl. All in this set were shot with a 7D and 70-200mm f4 L, non-IS version, using manual mode and allowing Auto ISO to adjust the exposure.

IMG_0403 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0413 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0415 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0459 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0482 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0649 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0652 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0656 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0664 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_0710 by andymulhearn, on Flickr
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: The Hawk Consercancy

Brilliant shots Andy, 4 &10 are outstanding - great impact.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Great set Andy, interesting using manual with Auto ISO, so what Speed and Aperture did you set? and did you keep to it or keep changing it?

1,4,5, and 10 are my favourites

Regards Paul

Comment

For your first visit to the Hawk Conservancy you have come away with some absolute stunners.
        #10 gets my vote as I know how fast they return to the handler, they are dots in the sky then suddenly they appear at head height and there is no hanging around.
        Well done
        David

Comment

Andy, an awesome set of BIF.
          anand

Comment

Thanks guys.

Paul, the first four were at 1/1600 and between f5.6 and f7.1. The rest were all at 1/1250 and f7.1 - the lighting for the second session was somewhat duller than the first so I adjusted slightly.

In terms of changing settings, the second demo is pretty hectic with birds flying in all directions - you have to get down really low in the seats to avoid collecting a vulture in the head - so I stuck with the second set of settings as there was so little time to adjust.
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

An excellent set on your first visit

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Very good Andy - pleased that you enjoyed the visit. Regards John

Comment

Andy, that's a wonderful set , plus some others on your Flickr site (I love the vulture eating, for example). 1 and 4 are my faves. The Hawk Conservancy has been right at the top of my 'must visit' list for a while now since seeing people's images on here. You've given me yet more shots to aspire to.
                  Canon EOS 7D
                  EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                  Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                  flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X