Kingfishers again @ Titchfield Haven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kingfishers again @ Titchfield Haven

Had another early morning visit to Titchfield Haven - my luck was in today - Black swan,then Kingfisher followed by Egret, then a fly past by 5 Avocets and finally an Osprey. - See other threads for images.

This kingfisher has been ringed - the KF was very active and was flying around much of the time - perched for 5 secinds allowing me to make 50 images!

1DX + 600mmMKII + 1.4xMKIII

Regards John

Kingfisher-1389 by mistral105, on Flickr

Kingfisher-1403 by mistral105, on Flickr

Re: Kingfishers again @ Titchfield Haven

What can I say. Beautiful shot.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

That kingfisher is getting a bit regular

I suppose from where you are shooting there is no chance of him on a perch over the water to get a clean background

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Thanks again Stan - when I went to Titchfield Haven on Sun am the bridge was packed with photographers who had seen the image on the BBC local news! Main reason for posting this was the bird was ringed and not the same as the one in the earlier post - I may ask the people who manage the reserve if they can put up a perch so there is a cleaner background. Regards John

Comment

Thanks again Di - Regards John

Comment

Tom

Comment

Lovely to see these birds and I especially like the lighting on the second shot.
              http://www.andrewa.zenfolio.com

Comment

Cheers Andrew - Regards John

Comment

Thanks again Tom - Regards John

Comment

Now Stan picked me up once on the difference in white balance between consecutive shots so I'm going to pass on that observation to you, John.

Individually they are both good shots but side by side like this there is an obvious and distracting difference in the background colours associated with difference in processing.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy thanks for the comments - I agree there is a difference. It is not the white balance as that was set by me at 6000K on the 1DX. I have looked at the process settings in LR5 - I processed them quite quickly in LR5 rather than going into PS which I will do when I make a big print. In LR5 I used the new radial filter to desaturate slightly the background and make the bird stand out from a messy background - on one I used -20 and on the other at -30 - hence the difference. Well spotted - Regards John

Comment

Working...
                      X