heres a little story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres a little story

had a fantastic experience the other day while testing out a new camera and a new lens .saw a buzzard close in going for a kill .it was after a rabbit and totally ignored my presence even though i was stood about 20 yards away for nearly a hour what followed was this

the buzzard swoops down on the rabbit

a hares breath away by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

its hits the rabbit and takes a chunk out of its head

hi boys -I'M BACK by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

the rabbit manages to get up and run off

run rabbit run rabbit RUN RUN RUN !! by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

the bird takes to the wing and chases it

the chase is on by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

and catches it

GOTCHA !! by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

chases off other predators that want a easy meal

ger-off its my dinner by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

and tucks into a well deserved meal of rabbit brains

i got brains ! by blackfox wildlife & nature imaging, on Flickr

i must add ,i spotted this buzzard as i was driving along a coastal path on a private reserve ,i stopped the car took a few shots and as it was ignoring me got out and rattled off about 200 shots for around a hour just stood beside the fence watching it .
    the other thing is i had actually owned this camera for around a hour the lens a day longer ,camera 60d lens sigma 120-400mm os
    Last edited by the black fox; 14-10-2013, 06:35.

Re: heres a little story

Well done - I do feel sorry for the poor rabbit though

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Nice series and very lucky to have caught the whole event. I bet you are well chuffed.

Chris
      EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

An amazing set of images. I assume you're happy with the new camera and lens.

Brian
        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Sugden View Post
          An amazing set of images. I assume you're happy with the new camera and lens.
          Yes I bet he is ...
          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

What a cracking set and story-so often folk post sets like these and they are all OOF, due to the excitement - so -WELL DONE. Ive learnt something here cos buzzards are dead common here, but thought they only took dead animals. How wrong I am. Lovely pics and narrative.

Comment

Super
              ef-r

Comment

Cracking images.Looks like the Rabbit had myxomatosis? So happy release really!

Papa.

Comment

Great pictures really well captured

If the rabbit was infected will this hurt the Buzzard

Comment

Originally posted by Papathanassi View Post
                    Cracking images.Looks like the Rabbit had myxomatosis? So happy release really!

Papa.
                    Can you tell the wider public why this rabbit had/has myxomatosis, from these pictures...just interested

Comment

That is certainly one heck of a way to break in a new camera and lens. Great set well done.

Comment

Originally posted by hhcanon View Post
                        Can you tell the wider public why this rabbit had/has myxomatosis, from these pictures...just interested
                        No problem.
                        If you zoom in on the third shot you will see that the Rabbits left eye is closed, this looks like myxomatosis! The buzzard will not be affected by eating it. You learn about these things when you live in the country.

Papa.

Comment

thats absolutely correct ,theres another rabbit i spotted down there the other day to with it ,so i might get a repeat performance .i'll have to see if i can dig out my stoat and rabbit shots now

Comment

Great set of shots.

Alan
                            Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Working...
                            X