A pair of green bea-eaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pair of green bea-eaters

Sorr I've been away for a while but I'm preparing for our wedding in Thailand on 11/11

Anyway, I escaped for a couple of hours from those preparations today and captured this shot of a pair of green bea-eaters.

Hope you like it

Andy

5D3 w/400mmx1.4iii @ 1/750 @ f8 w/HSS

Last edited by AndyMackie; 14-12-2013, 13:59.

Re: A pair of green bea-eaters

Very colourful bird Andy.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Stay away then! if you if have shots like this,,,brilliant

Comment

Superb shot Andy

Chris
        EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Very colorful and well done image. Also congratulations on your up coming wedding. I was married there 39 years ago, and we are still together.

Tom

Comment

What a beautiful bird Andy but I am afraid i find the oof bird in the background a distraction

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Thank you for the kind remarks everyone and especially to you Tom re the wedding - I sincerely hope that I will live another 39 years to enjoy the same.

I had to chuckle when I read your much appreciated critiques, Stan, as I thought you might say that. I guess its a subjective thing because what I hoped to portray was an instant understanding of the depth of field while drawing the viewer in to the halo for the sole purpose of bringing you full circle to the focused bird.

This was another shot from the same series in which the oof bird appears to be mirrored. Its as important to the image as the focused bird, I think

Andy

Green Bea-eaters_0489.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X