Clear All

the perfect angle (nuthatch)

right angle by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

Re: the perfect angle (nuthatch)

Nice composition and sharp with detail

Tom

Comment

Jeff, if you recomposed it so that the beak and tail were pointing at the corners, I think it would look better but as a general comment and I hope you don't mind me saying, its a bit soft, lacking DOF (e beak, breast). From the moss at the left claw, it seems that the focus is slightly forward.

Comment

Agree with andy but still a nice shot but not sure what you mean by "the perfect angle" - the pose is very similar to your other posting and for me the perfect angle would be naiiling him in the classic nutty pose

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

right angle by blackfox wildlife and nature imaging, on Flickr

replaced as per your comments andy ,this one has the focus point dead on the eye ,the first was forward of it .changed the angel as suggested to .cant do much about d.o.f as it was wide open due to bad light
          Last edited by the black fox; 20-01-2014, 13:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            Agree with andy but still a nice shot but not sure what you mean by "the perfect angle" - the pose is very similar to your other posting and for me the perfect angle would be naiiling him in the classic nutty pose

Stan
            just a title stan .i,ll see what i can do for you ,but two days there is enough for a bit LOL was going down the beach for the high tide waders today but the sea mist rolled up the estuary with the tide

Comment

Its a better composition, Jeff, but by revising it we lost the the original post - maybe a flickr thing, but if you edit the original post (rather than a virtual copy), the original disappears on the forum.
              Bed for me now!
              Andy

Comment

the original is atill there Andy

Second one looks better

stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

A great image, I personally think as long as the eye is sharp that's all that maters.

Alan
                  Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Working...
                  X