Ham Wall RSPB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ham Wall RSPB

Quite a hard place to find but one of the few RSPB Sites in Somerset that's not underwater. According to the site it's signposted from the main road but what they don't tell you is the signposts you need to follow are for Shapwick Heath National Nature Reserve. Put the two together and you have a seriously large area to wander over, though at this time of year not really a huge amount to see. Apart from a pair of Crested Grebes, some long-tailed tits and a butterfly. Yes, a butterfly...

IMG_7103 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_7102 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_7122 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

IMG_7125 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

And I really didn't expect to see this...

IMG_7141 by andymulhearn, on Flickr
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: Ham Wall RSPB

Nice set Andy, Long Tailed Tits are lovely birds to see if the little b_____s stay still long enough.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice set Andy

Tom

Comment

Cheers Tom.

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
        Nice set Andy, Long Tailed Tits are lovely birds to see if the little b_____s stay still long enough.
        Oh yes, they're very flighty aren't they This one perched and sunbathed for just long enough for me to catch it.
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Good set ,the butterfly looks well nipped

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            Good set ,the butterfly looks well nipped
            Cheers. The butterfly came as a complete surprise to us all, being out this soon never mind having been chewed by something.

Comment

Working...
            X