X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Kite, coming in low and fast

over on the Harewood Estates, Yorkshire

Canon 7D, 200mm F2.8L, 1/1000 sec @f4.5 ISO 320

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Red Kite, coming in low and fast

Cracking image, free flying or trained?
    shoot the Canon

http://www.twpc.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Archivist View Post
      Cracking image, free flying or trained?
      Free flying
      Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
      Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

They don't come much better than that. The 7D is really working well for you and I am envious you can fill the frame with a 200mm. I use a 500mm and often need to throw on the 1.4x to get anything sensible with wild Red Kites.

Well done.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Just one word-- STUNNING
          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
            They don't come much better than that. The 7D is really working well for you and I am envious you can fill the frame with a 200mm. I use a 500mm and often need to throw on the 1.4x to get anything sensible with wild Red Kites.

Well done.

Colin
            Thanks Colin, it was a bit of a gamble using the 200mm, but they were flying quite low, I left the 1.4TC off to gain a bit extra a/f speed and tracking hoping they would come in close enough-thankfully this one did, the 7D has excellent a/f and tracking in good light, so it helped to nail this shot.

Comment

Les,
              An absolute "cracker."
              I live in The Chilterns and see Red Kites by the dozen every day and see them diving for food but to get a shot like this so close to the ground and at the speed they are travelling magic. The sharpness/detail is brilliant.
              A great shot, well done.
              David
              David

Comment

I'd be more than a little chuffed to have captured that. Well done.

Comment

Les,
                  forgot to ask.. is that cropped at all? If so, by how much roughly.

Comment

Originally posted by hughbie View Post
                    Les,
                    forgot to ask.. is that cropped at all? If so, by how much roughly.
                    It's around 70% of the original size
                    5184x3456 to 4216x2884

Comment

Top shot!. I am at the national birds of prey centre on thursday. Shall be well chuffed to get something half this good....
                      Ron

www.severnvalephoto.co.uk

Cameras: 5D, 7D, 1DmkIV, G1X.
                      Lenses: 16-35 F2.8 L, 24-105 F4 LIS, 70-300 LIS, 180 L macro, 200 F2.8 L, 400 F2.8 LIS mkII.

Comment

Super shot!!
                        Cheers, Chris.
                        Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Fine shot. Very envious.
                          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Simply Stunning
                            rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Outstanding. Incredible detail, love it.
                              Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                              X