A modest selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A modest selection

As the weather's been a bit poor and I've been a bit under the weather myself - hit by possibly three different viruses in three weeks - I've not really gone anywhere of late, apart from my local park which limits me to a very small selection of birds. Because the light was s poor, I decided to shoot at high ISO so stopped down and high shutter speeds were the order of the day, just to see what the range looks like.

Two-headed cormorant, shot into the sun so the water has a silvery look to it. Not brilliant but a nice effect. These birds are as bad as Crested Grebes when hunting - they stay down forever and seem to come up miles away from where they submerged. This is the only low ISO shot in the set.

3B1A8619 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

The Pochard with the goitre turns out not to have a goitre but a split beak, the "growth" is the bird's tongue. This one shot at ISO 4000 and the next at 2000. No noise reduction applied.

3B1A8591 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

3B1A8602 by andymulhearn, on Flickr

And a final shot attempting to get a starling in flight. I just caught this one as it launched itself. It's a bit of a crop already so doesn't zoom too well but the flying starling looks in focus..

3B1A8713 by andymulhearn, on Flickr
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Re: A modest selection

Not bad at all for such high ISO settings

Mike
    www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

Nicely done Andy

Tom

Comment

Thanks for looking Mike and Tom
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Amazing at those ISO levels.

Bill.
          7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Good isn't it Bill

Comment

Nice shots

Comment

Working...
              X