Steppin Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steppin Up

Another shot from yesterdays session at HCT. The lanner falcon stepping onto his perch at the start of his display
    WDYT

Stan

7D, 180mm, 1/1600, f4, ISO 400

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Steppin Up

Another fine shot Stan, like the detail you've got on the falcons body. Sometimes it isn't always about flying birds, although I tend to give up with the Lanner falcons....
    Last edited by Glenn; 16-06-2010, 18:57.

Comment

Cheers Glenn

I also have this shot in the context of the interaction with Gary

although I tend to give with the Lanner falcons....
      I dont find the lanners and saker too bad but Lark the perigrine - thats a different matter entirely

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Nice Must admit that one of the other aspects I like to photograph is the interaction between falconer and bird.

I'm hoping I got 1 or 2 nice ones of Lark with the 500mm last Saturday but I haven't had the time to check yet

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post

I'm hoping I got 1 or 2 nice ones of Lark with the 500mm last Saturday but I haven't had the time to check yet
          OMG, I couldn't do that.

Although I have the patience of a saint when it comes to waiting for the shot I want, once I get home they are immediately loaded into the computer, processed in RAW, sorted into poor, bloody awful and bin fodder and then I view the remainder. I have tea/coffee and refreshments brought up to me and minimal conversation until the task is complete.

I just have to know whether the days shoot was worthwhile, was it a waste of time, or were there one or two little gems amongst them!

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Ah, but surely that comes from you being a Pro tog at one time so your lively hood depended on it?? For me being sat at a computer is a bit of a busman's holiday as my day job requires me to sit on my fat a*se looking at a computer screen tapping on a keyboard. Therefore when I get home I don't always feel like being sat at a computer again.

Although I have just looked at the ones I got of Lark and I should have 3 good ones

Comment

Working...
            X