7Dmkii and starling and first impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7Dmkii and starling and first impressions

had a play with my lads 7dmkii today bolted onto my lens ,yes all good apart from files being a bit noisier at lower iso values .but in all other respects a super camera to use .now the crux of the matter would it be worth my while upgrading to one ,i think the honest answer to that is no its not a large enough leap in i.q to justify spending nearly a grand to be back where i started .
    poseur ! by jeff cohen, on Flickr

Re: 7Dmkii and starling and first impressions

Lovely shot all the same. A proper hands on comparison is just what I need too, add to that the grip required to give you the same physical characteristics and it's even more money. I get a little closer to the 1d.
    Paul

Comment

Must admit Jeff the file looks clean, and its a verYy sharp clear image, as you know I was tempted to go with the 7D2 but instead went for the 1D3 due to the reasons you stated, have you used any noise reduction on this as it looks good at 1250 iso

Gord

Comment

yes gordon some n/r has been applied to the background layer ,the noise in most files does seem to clean up fairly easily .i needed to test one out that i knew had been set up properly as the one i tried before the owner had less of a clue than i did .hence using my lads .now got to get my thinking cap on is it worth it or not ,and do i keep or sell the 1d3 .but i don't really think thats a option it would be like losing a friend ,we shall see

Comment

Beautiful Shot Jeff

Tom

Comment

Its a great shot Jeff. I'm well pleased with my 7D2. Yes there is noise but as you say it cleans up real easy
            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the native output at comparable iso? I wouldn't be messing with layers in PS, only the NR controls within Lightroom.
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                yes gordon some n/r has been applied to the background layer ,the noise in most files does seem to clean up fairly easily .i needed to test one out that i knew had been set up properly as the one i tried before the owner had less of a clue than i did .hence using my lads .now got to get my thinking cap on is it worth it or not ,and do i keep or sell the 1d3 .but i don't really think thats a option it would be like losing a friend ,we shall see
                I thought your lad had gone Nikon? Or is this another lad or the same one but with loads of disposable income

Nice shot.
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                  I thought your lad had gone Nikon? Or is this another lad or the same one but with loads of disposable income

Nice shot.
                  agree - I thought he'd gone to the dark side also ?
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

as stated more money than sense ,he was using his d7200 and 500mm f4 alongside me .now all i need to do is convince hime to stay nikon and sell me the 7d2 i sense a cunning plan forming LOL

Comment

lol....
                      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Sigh...

EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Very crisp and fabulous colours. Lovely stuff
                          Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Excellent shot of the Starling. Very very sharp and full of detail.
                            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                            X