7Dmkii and handling the whites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7Dmkii and handling the whites

as i have said many times i have been suspicious of the new 7dmk2 as the ones that i have used previously have been borrowed from people with no real idea of how to set them up ,which is why i have waited patiently till my son bought one and got it set up right ,before i tried my lens on it .results so far have been surprisingly good but i will need more time before i commit to trying to afford one .
    i do like the way the files have cleaned up with normal post processing though and any noise issues have disappeared also look in the picture below how well its handled the whites hmmmmmmmmm

a touch of white by jeff cohen, on Flickr

Re: 7Dmkii and handling the whites

No doubt it's a stunning bit of kit Jeff.

This one help as a comparison?

Bewicks Swan by Andy Mulhearn, on Flickr
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Go on Jeff, you know you want to
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

i,m reviewing the situation ,but getting moody (ron)

you will have to be of a certain age to get that

Comment

Nicely done Jeff

Tom

Comment

You got me in some strife, are you a man or a mouse Jeff.............................................. ................
            Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
              You got me in some strife, are you a man or a mouse Jeff.............................................. ................
              Got any cheese

Comment

These and the starling look nice images Jeff , out of interest what post post processing programme do you use to clean up noise as its the bain of my life but I am useless with computers ? . I am seriously thinking of upgrading to the 7D2 in the very near future as I know a couple of people who have recently done so and are well impressed
                Steve ( LSINWP )
                1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawesy View Post
                  These and the starling look nice images Jeff , out of interest what post post processing programme do you use to clean up noise as its the bain of my life but I am useless with computers ? . I am seriously thinking of upgrading to the 7D2 in the very near future as I know a couple of people who have recently done so and are well impressed
                  at this moment in time ,i use photoshop p.s.6 with a plug in noise reducer .suits my present needs but like everything in this game always subject to upgrade

Comment

Whats the plug in noise reducer Jeff sounds interesting ?
                    Steve ( LSINWP )
                    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

I use Noiseware plug in for PS - works well
                      :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

not sure if your asking what brand is it (its imageonic) or what is one ,in which case its a stand alone noise reduction software that you add to your photoshop filters ,there are various makes and models out there some are free some are purchased,you use them in photoshop in conjunction with layering the image i.e you remove the subject matter (bird or animal etc) then apply noise reduction to the background layer alone .
                        normal photoshop noise reduction applies it to the whole image thereby rendering fine detail lost
                        Last edited by the black fox; 24-10-2015, 14:58.

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                          not sure if your asking what brand is it (its imageonic) or what is one ,in which case its a stand alone noise reduction software that you add to your photoshop filters ,there are various makes and models out there some are free some are purchased,you use them in photoshop in conjunction with layering the image i.e you remove the subject matter (bird or animal etc) then apply noise reduction to the background layer alone .
                          normal photoshop noise reduction applies it to the whole image thereby rendering fine detail lost
                          Thanks Jeff , that is really useful , as I dont use photoshop I did not know what the software was and how it worked so you have enlightened me.
                          Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Working...
                          X