Hawk eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk eye

Here are some shots i took in Andover at the Hawk Conservatory.

Hope you like.
    EOS500d
    100mm &
    18-200mm lens
    ISO400
    Attached Files

Re: Hawk eye

All excellent.

You must have been on one of the photographic days ..................... they certainly know how to place the birds in a natural situation for photographers.

If I may offer some advice, there is no problem at all with the photography, but the images are very soft and I suspect this is down to your upload method. If you are uploading to the net, you need some extra sharpening. As a general rule, whatever you apply normally to the shot, apply the same amount again. That will get you started and you can fine tune your settings to suit you over a period of time.

Also, Coda recently did a very helpful post about uploading via Photobucket, in a very straightforward step by step. You may consider using that method as you can show an image at 800px, use the preview button to see how it looks on the Forum and adjust it in photobucket if you need to.

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

thanks.....i did ask some months ago why my photos are softened on this site.

Comment

lovely set, my faviourite is number 4

Comment

The first shot of the Secretary Bird (Dave), I have seen them in exactly that environment in Kenya. If you looked at my shots and yours, you would be hard pushed to see the difference.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Scarey bird...reminded me of that scene in Jurassic park in the kitchen!!

Comment

Great shots...heres the link for bigger images

Coda
              There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

thank you

Comment

coda why is it that i submit photos on Digital Photograher web site and they are pin sharp and dont need this extra sharpening for the forum that you all describe.......could the operator of this site not improve it with modern techniques available?

Julian

Comment

Working...
                  X