• Show
Clear All

GULL FLYPAST

gull from yesterday on flypast ,taken after doing the lens update

march flypast by jeff cohen, on Flickr

Re: GULL FLYPAST

excellent detail Jeff
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice one Jeff

Alan

Comment

Looks good

stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

That does look pretty good Jeff. Do you mind if I ask which camera and version of the lens you use the C or the S.
            Did look at the C myself and was quite impressed, but at that point decided I really cannot justify any more lenses and that even the C is quite hefty for regular use! Unlike my 100-400 which is relatively portable the sigma would for me, at least, I suspect, be for specific trips with a monopod.... Perhaps I shall have to reconsider!
            Problem is that when I bought the 400 f5.6 I intended selling either that or the zoom, but find I now find I use them equally, (the prime for wildlife with a 1.4x and the zoom for motor-racing and air shows)whilst the sigma wouldn't really replace either!
            Suggestions are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by NS3230 View Post
              That does look pretty good Jeff. Do you mind if I ask which camera and version of the lens you use the C or the S.
              Did look at the C myself and was quite impressed, but at that point decided I really cannot justify any more lenses and that even the C is quite hefty for regular use! Unlike my 100-400 which is relatively portable the sigma would for me, at least, I suspect, be for specific trips with a monopod.... Perhaps I shall have to reconsider!
              Problem is that when I bought the 400 f5.6 I intended selling either that or the zoom, but find I now find I use them equally, (the prime for wildlife with a 1.4x and the zoom for motor-racing and air shows)whilst the sigma wouldn't really replace either!
              Suggestions are welcome.
              i use the sport ,and once you learn that its easy to carry via a black rapid shoulder harness and that gives instant access its a dream to use .having been down the route of using multiple L lenses i find this covers 90%+ of my needs ,i use it with a 1DMK3 and although only 10mp i think the results speak for themselves .the majority of my shots are hand held ,closely followed by a bean bag support with the tripod being used if i have a long wait on my hands i.e waiting for owls

Comment

Cheers Jeff, Thanks for the quick reply.
                Looks as tho I should perhaps sell my 100-400 and my old 1D3, which as you say is an excellent camera, and get the sigma.
                It will probably have to be the C version, but one question I do have is, would it work with a canon 1.4x mark2.
                Did wonder about black rapid harness at one time but hadn't spoken to any users and was unsure which model, as there appear to be a few, so didn't pursue!
                ps. The 1D4 I find to be slightly better than the 1D3 and I consider myself very fortunate to own it, for me it is the ultimate camera.

Comment

Tried my Sigma Contemporary with 1.4 TC on my 5D3 in the past. Only had centre focus spot. Jeff has the Kenko and apparently that retains all AF points.

You'll need very good light for this combo and IQ will be affected.
                  Last edited by antoeknee; 12-03-2016, 21:58.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks for the info, looks as tho I had better go along and try it, tho before I buy ANY more photo gear I must sell some of the existing.

Anybody interested in a 1D3 and a 100-400 mk1

Comment

Excellent and very sharp picture. Very nice.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well done Jeff

Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X