goldfinch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goldfinch

i can't believe this ,the raw file original was just a overexposed blob ,the 80d files seem able to pull detail back that you wouldn't think was there ,i'm totally stunned with this .now posted the unedited raw file (as a j.peg version) to show whats been pulled back
    stunned by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr
    Attached Files
    Last edited by the black fox; 06-10-2016, 10:09.

Re: goldfinch

Excellent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    James Boardman Woodend
    www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Great shot Jeff and even more so considering your information regarding the RAW file
      Steve ( LSINWP )
      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Well done Jeff

Tom

Comment

That's a great pic. Maybe the 80D is a good upgrade path...
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            i can't believe this ,the raw file original was just a overexposed blob ,the 80d files seem able to pull detail back that you wouldn't think was there ,i'm totally stunned with this .
            A great result Jeff - out of interest for the rest of us, would it be possible for you to post an untreated version?
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

you must be a mind reader ,now done .i had to sort out my lightroom first ,i was getting in fuddle with my files

Comment

Blimey - that's an incredible transformation, well done to you and to the camera
                Chris
                80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

thanks chris

Comment

Thank you very much Jeff - yes great minds think alike (and fools seldom differ!).

I am also surprised by what has been recovered - I wonder if one could expect the same from the new M5 which apparently has much the same sensor as the 80D?
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

It turned out good , and is proving the rescue capabilities of both you and the 80D

Comment

Very impressed with the capabilities of the 80D.
                        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
                          Thank you very much Jeff - yes great minds think alike (and fools seldom differ!).

I am also surprised by what has been recovered - I wonder if one could expect the same from the new M5 which apparently has much the same sensor as the 80D?
                          Not sure but canon have very quietly upped the ante re sensors on all the 2016 models as far as I can tell .the best thing of course is to get it right in camera ,but with wildlife you seldom have that chance/choice ,missed a cracking tiny insect shot yesterday that had crawled onto my camera bag as I had no macro lens with me

Comment

Nice work Jeff.

Bill.
                            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                            X