Monochrome swan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monochrome swan

When I got round to doing some PP on this image, it soon became clear it was not going to work in colour.
    Due to the BG, being dead reeds, black patches in the undergrowth and general mess.
    As imho the feather detail was good, so I wanted to keep the image, so I changed it to B&W in Photoshop.
    I am very much a beginner with PS, so any comments would be appreciated.
    Gary

Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Re: Monochrome swan

Very nice detail in the feathers Gary. IMO, I'm not a fan of converting a image to BW because it doesn't work in color.

Tom

Comment

I am not a black and white fan Gary and dont know why you think the picture would not work in colou , you have great feather detail in the swan which Is the main subject.
      Steve ( LSINWP )
      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks Tom and Dawsey for your comments.
        Below is the original image, uncropped with some PP.
        Canon 6D Canon EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM.
        Shot at f5 1/640sec ISO 100 FL 70cm.
        Gary

Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

I like that much better , have not lost much feather detail .
          Steve ( LSINWP )
          1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

if it was my pic i would have used the same crop on the colour version as the b/w but also cloned out that stick entirely .you obviously can do it as shown the the b/w version

Comment

Working...
            X