Re: heron

Nice shot.
    Gary
    Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Lovely detailed shot as always Jeff
      Steve ( LSINWP )
      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks Gary and Steve

Comment

Nice light , makes a change not to see one knee deep in water .

Comment

Well taken Jeff

Tom

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Agree with the others. Very sharp and full of detail. Nice. This raises another question in my mind. Does one go for impact or for some more little environmental details? I would have liked a bit more of the environment to be shown. I have noticed that most members take a picture and then crop it to the extent that, IMHO, impact is the main idea behind wildlife photography.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                  Agree with the others. Very sharp and full of detail. Nice. This raises another question in my mind. Does one go for impact or for some more little environmental details? I would have liked a bit more of the environment to be shown. I have noticed that most members take a picture and then crop it to the extent that, IMHO, impact is the main idea behind wildlife photography.
                  nat if i hadn't of cropped it like this you would have seen the 'fact" that it was sniffing a sheep's bum .sometimes its cropped as you say for impact others like this where a offending object is simply to large a area for cloning

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                    nat if i hadn't of cropped it like this you would have seen the 'fact" that it was sniffing a sheep's bum .sometimes its cropped as you say for impact others like this where a offending object is simply to large a area for cloning
                    That would perhaps have been unique! At the moment all I see,very often, are impact pictures- more like birds on sticks. As photography is personal to the photographer and as long as one likes it that way, that is fine. Each to his/her own. I am sure I am in a minority here but I prefer to take and show my pics in a different way- the way I like it. No offence to anyone.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Very nice image Jeff.
                      Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Pin sharp and loads of detail. My only minor criticism would be it looks as though his feet have been cropped.
                        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

Working...
                        X