Canada Geese +1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada Geese +1

These were swimming off the beach this morning. I’ve never seen them in the sea before. They’re usually on the estuary or flying overhead. Is that a greylag goose in no. 3?
    All taken with a 400mm + two x2 extenders. Edited in Aviary.

Canada Geese by Emyr Rhys Williams, on Flickr

Re: Canada Geese +1

Think you right on the Greylag Goose , would like to see what else you achieved with that lens combination , but that weighs something .

Comment

I know these are pushing the limits but sorry none of them do it for me ,the one secret of bird photography is get close if you can't your wasting your time

Comment

I don't plan on making a habit of it. It was just a sight I hadn't seen before.

Comment

Definitely a Greylag in picture 3
          Steve ( LSINWP )
          1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks Steve and Fallow. I don't know what it was doing with Canada Geese.
            Fallow, I've only been playing about with the lens combination. As you say it weighs a ton and there's not much depth of field so I find it quite difficult to get things in focus. At the moment it's sitting on a tripod in the house so I just open the window if I see anything interesting.

Emyr

Comment

I don't wish to mess up your thread Emyr but I am aware that Graylag geese tend to join other flocking birds like Canada geese (info recently learnt). See my picture below.

Conwy RSPB 10th Oct 2016 012 by Nathaniel Ramanaden, on Flickr

I am also aware of the weight of the Sigma lens (both S & C versions) having tested it at my local camera shop. The weight of it put me off immediately,as I knew I would not enjoy my photography carrying that sort of weight in any sort of manner- around my neck, via a sling or with a roller (Lowepro) camera bag.
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 22-10-2016, 18:15.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X