Blue Tit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Tit

This mornings Blue tit, I know it is big in the frame, but I wanted it right in your face sort of thing.

You looking at me by David Ore, on Flickr

Bluey by David Ore, on Flickr

Re: Blue Tit

The background is a bit to light , I would try and tone this down and lift the light on the Blue Tit , a bit more eye contact would of improved them a bit as well I think . Nice and sharp though Dave .

Comment

Nice detail and maybe a touch big in the frame. If you want to change anything then a lower point of view, bit more eye level, would be good.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks guys, it was more of a grab shot as have put the sigma back in it`s case till I get the Lowepro 400AW.

Comment

The histograms show a good exposure on both with a good ranges of tones from dark to bright and the eye contact on the second works much better than the looking down pose of the first.

The background is a little too bright but is easily toned down

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan

Comment

David

Tom

Comment

Cheers Tom

Comment

Yep sharp enough ,the background you know about ,but I still get the feeling this is taken looking down at the bird .which takes the eye contact away .i,m sure Stan and myself will both wait for the right moment then take a small burst to capture that "moment" often the click of the shutter attracts the birds attention

Comment

We live in a 1st floor flat so look down on the birds sometimes, when they are in the tree it l can get eye level.

Comment

Then nature reserves are probably your answer ,hides will usually give a better p.o.v ,learn some fieldcraft i.e the right clothing ,green or camouflage ,carry a bag of seed and peanuts in your pockets most birds will overcome fear in exchange for food .look for the shot instead of just taking it .

Comment

Good sharp images Dave.

Bill.
                        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                        X