Thirsty Goldfinch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thirsty Goldfinch

I took this a while ago using the Kenko Teleplus HD 1.4 DGX converter on the Canon 70-300L.

I am still not sure about quality loss with the converter - what think you?

I'm thirsty by John Liddle, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Thirsty Goldfinch

I don`t really see what your implying John , you can count the strands of feather on the Goldie's back ! I would say that combo is very useful if the need arises .

Comment

Excellent shot and excellent combo. I use that combo very often. No problem with IQ.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I can`t comment about the combo as I don`t have that. On the shot though, it has great detail and sharp

Comment

Nothing wrong with the quality of that shot John.
          Steve ( LSINWP )
          1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Looks find to me to John

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting chaps - I have not had the converter for very long and have not been able to get out and use it to any great extent - I think perhaps I am being a little hyper-critical, but it seemed to me that the image lacked a little punch somehow - I shall make a concerted effort to use the converter more and see how I get on.
              John Liddle

Comment

Nice detail John

Tom

Comment

TC will always have an effect on IQ to some extent. Think in this shot good light has made most of the combo. Wouldn't be surprised if poor light/more range showed bigger effect.

Having said that this image certainly looks OK so worth using some more.
                  Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Tom & Anthony - thank you for looking and expressing your views - I shall persevere with the TC and see how it goes.
                    John Liddle

Comment

Working...
                    X