Jackdaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackdaw

Another one from today, my first ever Jackdaw.

Jackdaw by David Ore, on Flickr

Re: Jackdaw

Stan will be pleased It`s a nice clean photo , though it looks like you have cloned something out on the bottom right ? Nice light and detail on the Jackdaw Dave .

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
      Stan will be pleased It`s a nice clean photo , though it looks like you have cloned something out on the bottom right ? Nice light and detail on the Jackdaw Dave .
      Thanks Fallow, I need to get better at cloning. There was a lot of barb wire

Comment

I would of left the wire in , post it again if you can Dave , I don`t see it spoiling the photo .

Comment

good pose and background but looks like somewhere along the line the bird has ended up with a pure detailess breast
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Takes time ,your getting there big by bit dave

Comment

I would of left the wire in , post it again if you can Dave , I don`t see it spoiling the photo .
              Thanks guys. I cloned the lot out, so none with the barb wire. Think I might leave it in next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                Thanks guys. I cloned the lot out, so none with the barb wire. Think I might leave it in next time.
                Always ALWAYS make copies Dave and never work on your originals .

Comment

Always ALWAYS make copies Dave and never work on your originals .
                  Thanks Mark, I will from now on

Comment

I presumed you are shooting raw - if you do then you will always have the original shot to fall back on, no matter what you do to it in post processing
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Nicely done David

Tom

Comment

Thanks again guys. At the moment I am still shooting Jpeg, but might give Raw another go Stan.

Comment

nice work Dave
                          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Dave61 View Post
                            Thanks again guys. At the moment I am still shooting Jpeg, but might give Raw another go Stan.
                            Definitely worth shooting RAW (hope this doesn't start big discussion again) gives you bit more latitude if you NEED to edit. With subjects like this exposure can be tricky and RAW could be helpful.

As Stan says editing is none destructive so you can always go back.
                            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks Ian and Ant. I was over the moon when I saw the Pied Wagtail in flight, today it is very windy, so when we go up I will have it on Raw+Jpeg, as know it will help me.

Comment

Working...
                              X