Buzzard Sparrow Seagull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzard Sparrow Seagull

Why I have put these three together is, today started nice and sunny but the winds were blowing me all over the place. These three shots Raw and edited as had camera on both Raw+Jpeg which will stay that way now. Is there any advice you can give on the edits please. On the sparrow it turned just as I clicked.

Benny the Buzzard by David Ore, on Flickr

Sparrow by David Ore, on Flickr

Seagull by David Ore, on Flickr

Re: Buzzard Sparrow Seagull

the sparrow processing is fine but as you say just a shame about the head turn. The buzzard is flying away from you and the processing has not brought out much detail. With most darker birds flying against the sky you are better off shooting with positive exposure compensation, somewhere between 1 and 2 stops, although it is best if you have some nice blue sky rather than the dull grey which makes it more difficult. We saw a kestrel hovering quite close the other day but due to grey sky, despite exposure compensation most just went in the bin

The gull, there is no such species as a seagull , apart from again flying away from you the processing has brought out the detail

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
      the sparrow processing is fine but as you say just a shame about the head turn. The buzzard is flying away from you and the processing has not brought out much detail. With most darker birds flying against the sky you are better off shooting with positive exposure compensation, somewhere between 1 and 2 stops, although it is best if you have some nice blue sky rather than the dull grey which makes it more difficult. We saw a kestrel hovering quite close the other day but due to grey sky, despite exposure compensation most just went in the bin

The gull, there is no such species as a seagull , apart from again flying away from you the processing has brought out the detail

Stan
      Thank you Stan, all noted and I think from now on I will only try for the birds as and when I get eye contact.

Comment

I have to agree with Stan. It is a waste of time and effort trying to resurrect or sort out poorly taken photos. These cover subjects too far away needing a lot of cropping or ones that are not within the realm of acceptable photography, such as dark photos what have been poorly exposed.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat.

Comment

Sparrow is very nice Dave, the gull and buzzard although I agree with Stan's comments it does give you practice in using the big Sigma for BIF shots.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

You did do a nice job on the Sparrow Dave.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
                Sparrow is very nice Dave, the gull and buzzard although I agree with Stan's comments it does give you practice in using the big Sigma for BIF shots.

Bill.
                Thanks guys. That is why I took the shots of the buzzard and gull, as I have to keep on with all the practice for when I do get eye contact.

Comment

Working...
                X