kestrel hovering right above me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kestrel hovering right above me

one of the kestrel shots from yesterday ,the bird was a few feet above me i dialled in two full stops of pos exp comp and it still came out black .have now reset the camera and will try again later today .gutted at messing these up

heavens above by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: kestrel hovering right above me

This is very nice Jeff .I would have been delighted with this shot.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Looks even better on flikr , it`s most annoying when you know it could of / should of been better . I hope your camera is feeling better . You made a good job of rescuing this one anyway .

Comment

Tried it out today mark and now seems o.k

Comment

Great resume job Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
            Quite a relief then. Look forward to seeing some more shots now.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

You've made a great job of pulling that one back Jeff, looks excellent on flickr.

Bill.
              7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks all for the comments

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                  Pleased for you Jeff .

Comment

Just one question Jeff and perhaps this is not the right thread for it. However, since you have mentioned all your adjustments, I am wondering why you have to continually adjust your camera settings as you go along? I don't adjust my camera settings other than to increase or decrease exposure, adjust shutter speed, ISO etc. I am a bit confused as I am not as experienced as you are.
                    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I don't normally nat ,just had a brainstorm moment over the weekend and thought I could make it better, although it seems like I,m out every day in fact I have only managed a odd hour here or there due to waiting for workmen to turn up to start work on the house for the last 7 weeks ,they finally turned up today .
                      So when I have been bored hanging around I tend to mess with things ,the camera and Mac being the usual recipients just to see if it works ,the main problem this weekend was I couldn't remember what I had done LOL senior moments

Comment

I totally love it Jeff, if I ever get a shot like it I will be over the moon

Comment

ta dave

Comment

That's a fantastic shot Jeff
                            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Jeff , if thats one you have messed up I cant wait to see one haven't !!
                              Steve ( LSINWP )
                              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Working...
                              X