Jay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay

Got blown all over the place today while up on the Downs, and while making a brew in the kitchen I saw this Jay land on the fence. So grabbed the camera and thought, slowly open the window. To my surprise it stayed still, I made copies as had to crop like this as my clone skills are not great, it then flew off and landed on the washing line, but the background is yuck. Happy that I have managed to get one with the 70D too.

Jay by David Ore, on Flickr

Re: Jay

As the norm it seems , it looks better on flikr , very risky shutter speed their Dave , try and remember to check it before pressing the shutter if you have the time , I have in the past spoiled good opportunities in my haste and not doing so , and will most likely again . Not sure if you have over sharpened or something , but there is defo something going on round the edge of the bird , nice frame filling pic though , would put some food out and hope he comes back , Jays like Acorns

Comment

Cheers Fallow, think it might of been the noise removal as did not sharpen it. I think I might put it on Full manual for a while too.

Comment

Good grab shot Dave.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill, think I will start to keep an eye on shutter speed

Comment

Not to bad using that shutter speed with that big lens. Steady Hand Dave

Tom

Comment

Be careful on full Manual Dave , it wont auto adjust if the light changes , or if you point at something in different light . My advice would be aperture priority , and just keep an eye on the shutter speed , bump up the iso if and when you need the higher shutter speed . What noise reduction software are you using ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                Be careful on full Manual Dave , it wont auto adjust if the light changes , or if you point at something in different light . My advice would be aperture priority , and just keep an eye on the shutter speed , bump up the iso if and when you need the higher shutter speed . What noise reduction software are you using ?
                Thanks guys. Hi Mark I am using PS/LR CC.

Comment

Just looked again at the exif on flikr , are you sure you really needed that noise reduction at iso 800 ? I been trying to learn noise reduction , but have failed to yet find the time or the intelligence to understand what I should be doing .

Comment

Great capture.
                    Derek

EOS R, RF 24-105mm L f4, EF 16-35mm L f4, EF 70-200mm f4 L IS II USM

Comment

Working...
                    X