short eared owl lift off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short eared owl lift off

had a super day out today with steve dawes off of here ,hunting the local short eared owls ,bad sea mist didn't make for a super day but still got some worth doing so heres a starter

the headless hunter by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: short eared owl lift off

Enough of the shorties!

(I'm only jealous - keep 'em coming)
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Lucky to get that sharp through all those grasses Jeff .

Comment

thanks chris ,mark

Comment

Beautiful image Jeff

Tom

Comment

Thanks tom

Comment

Lovely Jeff , not sure I had enough reach with the full frame body to get near that one , its a beauty
              Steve ( LSINWP )
              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Cracker

Comment

Excellent shot Jeff. Good focus on the eye.
                  Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Smashing shot Jeff
                    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Thanks all for the comments ,Steve was with me trying out his new 1DX a interesting comparison as although a far better faster camera it seems that the crop factor of the 80D gave me a advantage .we will have to wait and see what steves are like after p.p but I also think yesterday's conditions were difficult I.e extremely bright winter sun with a lot of sea fog present that the cameras picked up and we didn't .

Comment

You've got some really nice images of SEO recently.

Really like using my 5D3 but can be lacking in reach sometimes that's why I bought a 7D2. Hoping it will allow me to zoom back a bit on the Sigma to what is supposed to be slightly sharper focal lengths. Not that I think there is much wrong with it at 600mm anyway.
                        Last edited by antoeknee; 26-11-2016, 09:37.
                        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by antoeknee View Post
                          You've got some really nice images of SEO recently.

Really like using my 5D3 but can be lacking in reach sometimes that's why I bought a 7D2. Hoping it will allow me to zoom back a bit on the Sigma to what is supposed to be slightly sharper focal lengths. Not that I think there is much wrong with it at 600mm anyway.
                          I noticed a big difference yesterday Ant using a full frame camera for the first time. The birds were not particularly close and I really missed the extra 360mm reach I would have had if using my 7DMK2. The 1DX is a fabulous bit of kit and it was super quick to lock on focus and kept focus during tracking , but to get any usable images I would have to do some huge crops which obviously deteriorates the original picture.
                          Steve ( LSINWP )
                          1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Hi Jeff super shot, difficult focus though the grass ,highlights a bit over, it would be very nice to see one let alone photograph

Comment

thanks ben .a long day standing round in the cold but worth it

Comment

Working...
                              X