Winter Wagtail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Wagtail

This pied Wagtail looked as cold as I felt on a really bleak day over a frozen pool
    Winter Wagtail by steve dawes, on Flickr
    Steve ( LSINWP )
    1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Re: Winter Wagtail

Thats a really nice photo. He blends in with the scenery.
    He was probably hoping you had something for it to eat.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

nice pose but I dont think you have the white balence right, despite the cold, the whole image including the birds white feathers look too blue
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

The light on the day was really strange Stan , I have played around with all white balance settings but none of them seem to do the photo justice
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Just tried a couple of the auto correction tools in PS and I think it looks better , never used them before
          Pied Wagtail by steve dawes, on Flickr
          Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Wow. What a difference.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/150977425@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertouran View Post
              Wow. What a difference.
              Still doesnt look like how I remember the shot but an improvement
              Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

1st was a bit blue , but I don`t dislike either of them .

Comment

Originally posted by Fallow View Post
                  1st was a bit blue , but I don`t dislike either of them .
                  Thanks Mark , a real strange winter light caught me out with this one
                  Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

just a quick edit with ACR by just warming a little so that the whites are white. Whether this is how it was only you know, I suppose if the sky had been blue and bright sun then the colour could be reflected in the lighter colours

Stan

zzzzz.jpg

flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan , that is much better , clearly my pp skills need some serious improvement.
                      Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Thanks Stan , that is much better , clearly my pp skills need some serious improvement
                        All I did was use the raw converter in photoshop, ACR, which I have got set up to open jpegs as well as raw files and all i did was move the temperature slider to + 30 to warm it and then the tint to +11. It would be exactly the same in lightroom although I dont know if you can open jpegs in that

flickr

Comment

How do you set it up to open jpegs Stan ?
                          Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

How do you set it up to open jpegs Stan ?
                            in the edit menu in PS at the bottom is preferences - file handling. Midway down click on "camera raw preferences" and in the new pop up towards the bottom - jpeg and tiff handling ensure it shows automatically open all supported jpegs

Alternativly and easier if you already have the file open in photoshop (CC) under the filter menu is Camera Raw Filter, click and it will open the ACR interface

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                              in the edit menu in PS at the bottom is preferences - file handling. Midway down click on "camera raw preferences" and in the new pop up towards the bottom - jpeg and tiff handling ensure it shows automatically open all supported jpegs

Alternativly and easier if you already have the file open in photoshop (CC) under the filter menu is Camera Raw Filter, click and it will open the ACR interface
                              Thanks Stan will give it a go
                              Steve ( LSINWP )

Comment

Working...
                              X