kestrel up close and personal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kestrel up close and personal

as i left the marsh last week ,i spotted the female kestrel that usually sits on the tree tops sat on the edge of a bush at eye level .i quickly stopped the car ,grabbed the camera and went to get some shots ,remarkably she just sat there ignoring my approach .this photo is full frame top to bottom i have just cropped out the sides .
    taken as the sun was dipping behind the welsh mountains at sunset

last light by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Re: kestrel up close and personal

excellent work Jeff
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Cracking capture.seems quite happy to pose.

Comment

Superb. If I was being really picky I would say lose the red dot (berry?) at the bottom as it's a little distracting.
        Patrick

Find me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/136664727@N04/

Comment

Thanks for the comments ,losing that berry would be difficult due to the feathers

Comment

Cracker Jeff , really like it
            Steve ( LSINWP )
            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

You don`t get to many opportunities like that , glad you made the most of it Jeff .

Comment

Excellently captured Jeff

Tom

Comment

Thanks again Steve ,mark ,tom

Comment

Excellent shot Jeff, I love it,

As for losing the red berry, I think he means simply lose the red out of it, not remove it totally, if you are using lightroom etc you can use selective colour and alter the tone of the red level and desaturate it, I can't see any other areas that would be effected, I think that is what Patrick meant.

You amaze me all the time, I never get such glorious light around here, heck the closest i get to those wonderful tones is street lighting..
                    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

thanks tony ,i think its down to location caught between the mountains and the sea with lots of wide open spaces in-between and no industrial haze .saying that i was looking out the living room window this morning watching the storm advance its way up the estuary and the visibility dropping from a few miles to a few hundred yards in a couple of minutes and now blue skies and strong winds again

Comment

absolutely fab,
                        nothing but grey skies down here! saw one kestrel when I took the jackdaws shots but as soon as he saw me he/she was gone, such is life!

Comment

Cracking shot Jeff. There can't be many opportunities to grab something that good
                          Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Well spotted! Awesome photo.
                            Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Working...
                            X