• Show
Clear All

Buzzard Flight

1/4000, f8, ISO 400, 420mm
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Buzzard Flight

Excellent shot Stan. You do get some superb pics.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well captured Stan

Tom

Comment

nice shot stan ,sharp ,good feather detail but unfortunately it looks (at least on my i-mac ) seriously underexposed and lacking in detail and contrast . this is not nit picking stan far from it ,a lot of your shots of late have that look and while it might be to your liking or processing i know full well that it could be far better .
        please don't go off on one ,i'm making a serious comment thats intended to help

Comment

cheers guys

seriously underexposed and lacking in detail and contrast
          not at all sure about seriously exposed as the histogram reaches just to the right hand side and the darker tones are well to the right as well, just as it should with this one - as you know buzzards come in a range of different tones and this one was one of the lighter ones. Any further overexposure loses what little blue there is in the sky although agree it could take a little more contrast before losing detail
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

I got my lad to look at it and his conclusion right or wrong is that the image was probably dark in the first place and you have lifted it to much to retain details in the shadows . As I said I was merely pointing it out in case you have a monitor problem that you haven't realised .

Comment

Working...
            X