Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test shot

Jay4 by R MAURINS, on Flickr

Bought a couple of extenders from ebay whilst still hunting for a f2.8 lens, 1.4 and 2 times Canon mk ii's. The 1.4 works well with the 100-400, better than the Kenko and the 2 times also works well with manual focussing, even hand held. The light was shocking in the wood today, so the fact they worked fills me some confidence for when we get to see the great yellow ball in the sky.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Re: Test shot

shot looks good but I would get a mask on the bird and loose the noise
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Got the camera on auto for the iso, it selected 8000, which is supposedly well within this cameras range, I will have to look at the settings.

Comment

Nicely captured

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom

Comment

Very well captured through the branches. Well done.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nat, I like the fact I don't need to over crop shots as they are filling the frame now, but need a faster lens, so still thinking f2.8, possibly a sigma as the second hand Canons are in pretty poor shape that I've seen. Pro togs don't look after their gear do they, I watched one on a footie match the other day, running down the touch line with two canon 1dx's loaded with 300 and 400 lenses, banging together round his neck as he ran, can't do them any good at all.

Comment

I think you will find the MK two's are stackable, the three and one isn't.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony, I did try them on a 300 f2.8 together and they did indeed work, don't know if they'll work with a Sigma lens though

Comment

Working...
                  X