Where Eagles Fare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Eagles Fare

While checking out some of the long range (checked on map - 2 kilometres) pictures I took of the first eagle I spotted when out the other day this one was quite sharp. I cropped it to get the bird out of the centre of the shot. I was quite surprised at the result after a fair bit of work in Lightroom. Bigger version on Flickr.

Eagle by M Plowman, on Flickr

Re: Where Eagles Fare

Tom

Comment

Stunning.

Comment

Unfortunately this one is much too small in the frame and has very little detail although, from the outline, you can at least tell it is an eagle

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting.

I hope to capture some pixel perfect pictures of preened perchers now that I have the kit to help.

This unexpected picture outcome made me think there was more to wildlife photography than that, to me the picture makes a statement about the eagle, it's territory and its place in it. OK it's not the greatest of shots but it's given me something to think about. I think I will call it the "ecosystem approach"

Comment

It's a good shot to show the bird in it's natural environment

Regards Paul

Comment

The eagle against the snow makes you realise how hard is the environment in which wildlife lives. I like it.
              EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                  X