Trial run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial run

Get my Sigma 150-600C (at last). Pouring with rain, blowing a gale, what can I do? Take some from the comfort of the living room through the double glazing. Not brilliant, but I am sure Jeff will help me out (please) Dave
    IMG_1309 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr
    IMG_1306 (3) by David Miller, on Flickr
    IMG_1305 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: Trial run

They all look a little on the soft side, could be the double glazing throwing the AF off or just not being optically perfect enough. I also see that the exposure is a relatively slow 1/250". Were you using a tripod or handholding - if the latter was the IS system on?. Could be a touch of camera shake going on...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

They're not too bad but as El Sid has said, a little on the soft side. I've been guilty myself of letting frustration get the better of me and have taken shots through windows in less than perfect conditions - it rarely ends well!

I suspect the softness is caused by one or both of shooting through the double-glazing and having the shutter speed a little too slow for the 600mm reach. I also suspect that a lens of that size & weight takes a little getting used to.

But keep practicing!
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

They are a bit soft, which may be due to the double glazing. You didn't say whether you were hand holding or using a tripod or bean bag. This may also have an effect, especially at a low shutter speed.
        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

So keen to try it out that I didn't fit on the tripod, so hand held.

Comment

Nice backgrounds and perches Daisy , think we will be seeing some good stuff from you soon .

Comment

It's a lot of minor errors combining to spoil some good shots ,in fact the blackbird Is pin sharp .look at the water drops on it's head ,the softness is caused by the dark background ,d.g.,hand.holding ,low shutter speed ,and possibly poor p.p techniques ..
              Unfortunately these long small aperture super zooms need good light to make them pop

Comment

I think there is enough there to show that with good conditions and light we can look forward to some super shots

Regards Paul

Comment

Looking at images on Flickr they all look soft to me, as has been said DG, poor light, hand held and slow shutter speed all contribute to soft/blurry images! I know as I recently acquired this lens and suffer the same problems, as black fox says this lens needs good light
                  Practice Practice Practice!

Regards Rob
                  Regards
                  Rob.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sparkygb/

Comment

Thanks once again for the encouragement, I know I have lots to learn & I shall enjoy the journey & with your help one day I will get some photos up to your standards.

Comment

Working...
                    X