X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Tailed Tit

IMG_3622 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76404654@N04/]

Re: Long Tailed Tit

Nicely positioned, though a little more room behind the tail would help, excellent boketh, just a bit soft, Your speed was right up there and you were shooting at 500mm, so are you using a monopod or resting on anything? it would help as it just needs to be a tad sharper around the eye. It's not far off though, I would try the free version of Neat Images as well as it helps with any noise you may encounter, I really like your Robin you have too. remember to try and set the eye as the focal point. Good effort

And that Gull.... I dream of getting one in positions like that.
    Last edited by TonyT; 26-04-2017, 15:27.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Well done

Tom

Comment

It does look grainy , have you cropped it much ? It`s a shame it`s not a tad sharper the light and composition are very good .

Comment

Nice, good effort
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice shot, I do agree in the main with Tony, but these are a skittish Target and not easy so for that it's good

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks Guys for all your comments ,for the record Tony it was hand held hence possible loss of sharpness!

Comment

I use a 500mm all the time and I struggle handheld, I have a monopod permanently on mine and failing that a beanbag to rest it on, try putting your camera on a table or similar, focus on something at your normal speeds / settings and take a shot, pick it up and do it again, I think you will be surprised at the difference.
                ( If on the table turn any IS off if the lens has it, as the is shakes the lens to compensate and if on a hard surface it actually can add shake to the image as it vibrates a bit like a mobile on silent mode... just a lot less.)

But don't get despondant you are getting there and there are a lot of good things in that image
                Last edited by TonyT; 28-04-2017, 10:47.
                Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Good shot but as tony says a touch OOF ,are you shooting raw or jpeg ,and which lens are you using .once we have the info then hopefully you can be nudged in The right direction .
                  The noisy images and soft focus tends to run through your flickrstream ,which is a pity as you have some excellent target birds

Comment

Jeff

Off the exif

Canon EOS 7D
                    150-500mm
                    ƒ/7.1
                    500.0 mm
                    1/1600
                    1250 ISO
                    Flash (off)
                    Fawlty free noise programme here

Download free demo of Neat Image for pre-purchase evaluation and non-commercial purposes.

Additionally Photoshop CS2... cough... cough

See the latest camera, lens, accessory and software announcements, photography news and other photography-related information
                    Last edited by TonyT; 28-04-2017, 11:13.

Comment

Working...
                    X