Rutland Grebe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rutland Grebe

Taken from the Buzzard hide, there weren't any at the Grebe one lol, Rutland is about 30 miles from me, though the hides are a bit far away from the action... well the ones I was in, but I haven't done them all yet.

Grebe-1 by Tony Taylor, on Flickr
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: Rutland Grebe

I keep meaning to do Rutland one day , is it worth the journey Tony ? Nice light and pose Tony .

Comment

There are lots of hides, I only visited about 8 in the afternoon I was there. I will try and remember and scan the wildlife map for you, ( Found it and added it below ) but there are more still I believe around the water. Some were quite a distance away though, I was shooting at 1000mm on some and they were still to far really. Afternoon light was coming from the lower right on the map, so you would be shooting into it in some of the hides I visited.

I did lagoon 2 3 and 4 you can see the hides on here

If you do come this way, It might be worth booking something like this, if you want to see Ospreys

As said I have not done all the hides yet, just the upper ones and then I didn't have time to see 3 of them, I visited Redshank, Grebe, Osprey, Smew, Sandpiper, Dunlin, Shoveler, Buzzard, Crake Hides, but i was late getting there, the distant ones tended to be the lagoon 4 with Redshank, Green Plover and Lapwings, Sandpiper, along with Teal and a solitary Cormorant while I was there. Saw the Stoat pair running around on several occasions ourtside the Grebe hide, as had others.
      Someone mentioned he was there watching Nightingales and another they had seen Owls at the southern site.
      Last edited by TonyT; 27-04-2017, 12:32.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Nice shot Tony

Tom

Comment

Absolutely cracking shot, lovely light and colour, sharp too

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
          X