Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barn Owl, again!!

Hi All,

Barney was out again this Morning, the shot I really want is of him flying over the water in the bottom of the drain, not managed it yet!! Different skies in the shots as sometimes he was backlit sometimes not

116 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

119 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

122 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

124 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

123a by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: Barn Owl, again!!

Lovely set Paul

Tom

Comment

You're driving me mad with these - very nice again
      Steve ( LSINWP )
      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Great set Paul.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

second is the best one Paul, perhaps just a slight lift in exposure

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Third for me

Comment

all excellent but stand out shots 3 & 4
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Lovely series Paul. All are very nice.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Looks like he's already been in the water; or, more likely, he's covered in dew on his belly. Well worth getting up early for.
                  Cheers;
                  Lee
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                  5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                  17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

Nice set Paul .

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, the Owl had been down in the grass quite a few times by this point so yes, wet from the early dew.

I tried again this morning and was just arriving at 0610 in time to see him return to his Barn in the distance, I will have to start getting up earlier as the summer progresses!!

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pelliott1954 View Post
                        Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, the Owl had been down in the grass quite a few times by this point so yes, wet from the early dew.

I tried again this morning and was just arriving at 0610 in time to see him return to his Barn in the distance, I will have to start getting up earlier as the summer progresses!!

Regards Paul
                        Paul , if the owl is one of a breeding pair and they are breeding they should start hunting more in daylight hours as they need to catch more prey for the chicks , I have seen them hunting at all hours of the day during breeding season when there was a local pair
                        Steve ( LSINWP )
                        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks for that Steve, I have only ever seen the one and so has the Farmer who says it has been there several years, I think they only live to about Four so possibly not got many seasons left. I never approach the building it lives in to have a look though, don't want to risk upsetting it, some say they are easily stressed.

Regards Paul

Comment

A lovely set Paul - I am very envious.
                            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Thanks John, much appreciated

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X