Sandhill Cranes (W)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandhill Cranes (W)

I have added the "W" as most people would only have seen these in zoos but today we were very lucky to see a family at Harns Marsh. Unfortunately they were placed so we would be shooting into the sun so carefully and slowly we made our way round them at a distance until the light was behind us. As luck would have it, this was just the time my camera decied to play up and refused to focus so the best shots, these two were Dees, shot with the 300 f4 and converter

First is the adult male and the second the female leading two juveniles

stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Sandhill Cranes (W)

Well spotted and taken Stan - hope the camera's back on course.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Two very nice shots

Regards Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Canonboy View Post
        Well spotted and taken Stan - hope the camera's back on course.
        yep hope you sort it - but excellent shots
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Well done Dee, hope you get your camera sorted soon Stan

Tom

Comment

Two good shots Stan ( Dee )
            Steve ( LSINWP )
            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Couple of fine shots Stan, or should I say Dee!
              Canon 70D; Canon 500D; Sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 DG OS HSM C; Sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM C; Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM; Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM; Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM; Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS; Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS; Canon Speedlite 430EXII; Yongnuo YN14EX Macro Ring Lite; Canon Powershot SX40HS

Ian

Comment

Sorry to hear about your camera; that's why I always travel with a backup; hope you've got one too... other than Dee's...

Anyhow, super shots of a super bird...
                Cheers;
                Lee
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
                5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
                17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

thanks for looking guys
                  The camera did the same as it did once at the beginning of the holiday - refused to focus and then came up with the Error 01 - communication between camera and lens lost. After turning off and refitting lens it was OK again and did not happen again till yesterday and after the cranes and today it has been fine again. I am wondering if I have worn out the 300 f4 as it has been the most used lens for the past 9 years and spends at least 80% of the time on the camera.

As to back up, I always travel with a back up body when away from home - my old 7D I and luckily over the years the back up has only been needed once and thats when Dees went on the blink

flickr

Comment

Nice pics , and glad you had no serious camera issues . Probably have already , but thought it`s worth mentioning , that wiping the lens and camera contacts and metal mount , with a microfiber cloth is worth doing now and again , after I have done this on my cameras the cloth has come away surprisingly dirty .

Comment

Hi Stan & Dee, A super collection of images from Florida, I glad you are having a great time. Sorry to hear about the camera problems. Looking forward to many more images.
                      Glenn

Many More Pictures can be seen here:-
                      My Flickr Site
                      My Photium Site

Comment

thanks Glenn and Mark

Probably have already , but thought it`s worth mentioning , that wiping the lens and camera contacts and metal mount , with a microfiber cloth is worth doing now and again ,
                        had not but have now although there have been no further problems since the cranes

Hi Stan & Dee, A super collection of images from Florida, I glad you are having a great time. Sorry to hear about the camera problems. Looking forward to many more images
                        thanks Glenn. This is one of the locations we would not have known about without the heads up from yourself and although, like many places at the moment, the water levels are exceptionally low, we have got some really good and different shots

Stan

flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X