Cuckoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuckoo

I know it is not a great shot, but this is the first time I have ever got a shot of a Cuckoo.
    IMG_2156 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr
    I know this shot is rubbish, but what do you think is mobbing the Cuckoo?
    IMG_2154 (2) by David Miller, on Flickr

Re: Cuckoo

Too dark David for me to enjoy your capture.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

In my defence Nat, it was very dull day & raining at the time, but I do agree with you.

Comment

Shame that David as you did well to get the bird isolated on a nice perch. Did you use positive exposure compensation and if so how much as that is what would have made a big difference in this shot ?, difficult to ID the bird mobbing it as not enough detail to have a guess
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Steve, I did go one stop positive, but in the rush that was all I did do. Maybe tomorrow it will be in the same area & I can call it over to that perch again. They really do respond to a roughly the same call don't they.

Comment

Hi David;

First; well done in not only spotting the cuckoo, but getting a shot off as well...

Second; I had a very quick play with this small image, and there's loads of detail in there to pull out. If this was shot in RAW you can bring it out easily in LR or ACR.

Third; my gut guess at the mobbing bird is Skylark, but it could be any LBJ!
            Cheers;
            Lee
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All fair comment & critique will always be welcomed !
            5D3, 80D, 40D (IR), G3X
            17-40 f/4, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6, 100 f/2.8 Macro, Sigma 150-600 Sport

Comment

[QUOTE=EOS_User;385703]Hi David;

First; well done in not only spotting the cuckoo, but getting a shot off as well... Quote ]

Totally agree with that statement .

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_User View Post
                First; well done in not only spotting the cuckoo, but getting a shot off as well...
                Absolutely - I have never seen a cuckoo, let alone got a shot of one!
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

It is very dark but you know that, well done for even catching it, I have never even seen one!

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice Record shot, lucky to even see one now, not heard one this year yet.
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                    X