Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swan Behaviour

Hi All,

I have been watching a Swan on the nest for quite a while, on Thursday I called again and the nest was empty, the Swan was probably 25m away with it's 5 babies so took this shot.

One of the pic's I have always wanted to get was one of a Swan carrying it's young on it's back so I returned today, no sign of the Swans at first, pulled in close to where the nest was and there looking at me were two intact eggs, which weren't there on Thursday! I eventually found the Swans and all five babies further down the drain, probably 500m away.

So, where have the eggs come from? Do Swans leave eggs when it is very warm weather? I couldn't see any other Swans anywhere close.

364 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: Swan Behaviour

For the last two years our local pair have laid 5 eggs & only 3 have hatched out, so maybe the eggs were there before & you was to intent on getting mother & young to notice. It was at least a month before the eggs disappeared, locals said an otter took them. Serene shot of mother &'cignets by the way.

Comment

Well a beautiful shot and keep trying for the babies on mummy's back. Good luck.

Comment

Nice "family" picture of the Swan and Cygnets.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
        X