Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NABS, just for Colin C

Hi All,

When I saw this Swan today I thought of Colins recent thread about his time as a Judge, so with apologies to Colin if it brings back bad memories, but I couldn't resist as I saw the Swan in very deep shadow

430 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: NABS, just for Colin C

That, Paul, is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us non-judges who are more than happy to look at images of swans when they are that good. The reflection is very nice but the wake raises it a level. You've even managed to make its pond weed dribble look artistic!
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

That is very nice, well done Paul -- I'm sure Colin will be well impressed!!!!
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Lovely shot. This judge gives it a 10 out of 10!
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I agree with all above ....fabulous!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Impressed? Nay ................. I am awed in admiration!

There are so many standard shots of Swans, that it take something special and original to grab a judges attention. A white swan against a black background, with some rim lighting for a halo effect, a full reflection in the water and the perfect timing to capture the water draining off the beak is nothing short of amazing photography.

You sir are a genius and I can only think of two photographers who could submit work of this originality and you are one of them.

_1Swan by Colin Cross, on Flickr

I am the other!
            Colin

Comment

I like the first image very much. Just like a "ballet" dancer!!!!!!!!!
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Colin, I have no doubt yours was a carefully considered, thoughtful and artistic image, whereas mine was a stroke of luck as I noticed the shadow.

Regards Paul

Comment

Colin, I have no doubt yours was a carefully considered, thoughtful and artistic image, whereas mine was a stroke of luck as I noticed the shadow.
                  I have to be honest Paul, mine was also a lucky shot. Then I noticed the water running off the beak every time he dipped his head into the water, so I just waited until next time he did it and then pressed the button.

But in fairness to you, you noticed something different and bagged the shot. All in all, a very nice image.
                  Colin

Comment

to both of them. It's only "lucky" if you accidentally press the shutter!
                    Chris
                    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Lovely shot Paul
                      Steve ( LSINWP )
                      1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Stunning shots Paul

Tom

Comment

Thanks again Colin and all, your comments are much appreciated as always

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X