Starling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starling.

I spent a fair bit of time sat in the shed yesterday. (Yes you read that right. ) I was trying to capture a couple of great tits that seem to have nested near by and keep coming for nibbles at what ever food is still out and I confess, a steady stream of mealie worms that I keep putting out.

But everytime they came near and far too quick for me to get the camera up, the starlings came bombing in like little black missiles.

I've come to the conclusion, that to get a good "bird" photo, I may have to get the frozen chicken out of the freezer

Canon EOS 500D - 50-250mm is lens. With some cloning in the lower left corner to remove another bird feeder.

Focus mode - AI Servo
    Image size - Large
    Easy shooting mode - Manual
    Digital zoom - None
    Exposure mode - Av-priority
    Focal length - 55 - 250 mm (1 mm)
    Flash activity - Not fired
    Auto ISO - 100
    Base ISO - 800
    White Balance - Auto
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Starling.

Di

As a beginner myself, I appreciate any pictures that are posted (although I do not comment on all of them). I do like this photo and would say that I would probably have cloned out the branch in the top right hand corner as it seems to distract the eye from the starling.

Comment

These are in y opinion very under rated birds, they have fabulous colours when the sun hits them and to see them fight / squable over the food is entertaining.

You have caught the colours and detail pretty well with this one, the only bird pictures that I have managed are either when they are on my feeders or when I have visited one of the wildlife centres and they have been on the ground or on water.

Leave the chicken in the freezer for a while I have faiththat you will get some even better shots soon

Comment

Originally posted by EOS New Boy View Post
        Di

As a beginner myself, I appreciate any pictures that are posted (although I do not comment on all of them). I do like this photo and would say that I would probably have cloned out the branch in the top right hand corner as it seems to distract the eye from the starling.
        Thanks for that... do you know... never really saw the branch...now that you've mentioned it, I see what you mean.

Will go back and have a look at cloning that out.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
          These are in y opinion very under rated birds, they have fabulous colours when the sun hits them and to see them fight / squable over the food is entertaining.

You have caught the colours and detail pretty well with this one, the only bird pictures that I have managed are either when they are on my feeders or when I have visited one of the wildlife centres and they have been on the ground or on water.

Leave the chicken in the freezer for a while I have faiththat you will get some even better shots soon

Thanks.

May give it a go again... the shed is pretty comfortable with a cushion and a cup of tea.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
            the shed is pretty comfortable with a cushion and a cup of tea.
            Make it a flask and a good book

Comment

Working...
            X