Big Bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bird

I am so jealous of the images posted on here by Colin and other very experienced photographers that I decided to have a go myself. Armed with my camera I went on the hunt for some prey, however when I came to capture the little ***ds they move too quick. Eventually I came across this bird, managed to get a good shot off before it walked away!!!

Graham

Re: Big Bird

That is a monster Graham.

You must have used at least a 1,000mm lens to get that close without it attacking you!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

so, you stalked it, framed it, then "Clucked" the shutter - a magnificent Big Bird
      My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

You guys are far to quick for me, your both right of course, if you look at its eye you can tell its shocked at being spotted! :D

Comment

Graham, good shot... and I haven't got a shot of one of these (being so rare a bird), so you're ahead of me there!

You're right that he looks shocked at being spotted! Even though the background is quite bright, you've managed to keep some feather detail in there, so well done!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thats a very good place to start Graham - they dont move far or fast and they are big. Its a good composition and the eye looks spot on

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

I actually quick like this, you have a gloss and form to the feathers and the space on the left is just crying out for a caption.
              Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X