Wigeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wigeon

Wigeon. Today on the marsh, still a large number of these still around, more than I've seen for this time of year for a long time.
    1584 - Wigeon 1584270323 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Great shot, those cold north winds keeping them down here longer I think.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Well captured Trev.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by tigerburnie View Post
        Great shot, those cold north winds keeping them down here longer I think.
        Yes think that is the case, likewise very little Dartford Warbler activity on the Heathlands.
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Nice shot Trev

Ian
          Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

What a great collection of birds and animals you have down there, you should join us bloggers, you have plenty of material. Great sharp image Trev.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                What a great collection of birds and animals you have down there, you should join us bloggers, you have plenty of material. Great sharp image Trev.

I don't think we got any more wildlife down here than anywhere else in the UK. Every area has its own, it's just a case of finding it, you got your Red Squirrels, Pine Martins, Golden Eagle & Ptarmigan.
                Having a knowledge of the creature - its lifestyle, habitat etc. plays a big part in finding them. I've had a passion for wildlife and conservation since my childhood. I remember being ragged at school because I used to go out photographing birds and wildlife with a little Brownie camera, also in my military days. I was considered abnormal, still am with some people! now it's the 'In thing' to be a wildlife photographer. Sadly many not even knowing what species they are photographing, particularly with birds. Hate to say this but digital photography has done nothing for our wildlife, I've seen it so many times when the 'Shot' is more important than the welfare of the creature.
                To this day the wildlife comes before the photography, some may ask why I'm on this Forum - to post pictures of what I've seen and share with people who may not be so fortunate to see it.
                Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Trev, I agree with all you say, but the buzz of encouraging more and more wildlife not my area and being able to see and photograph them makes it so worth while. That is why I suggested you join us bloggers, I reach a much larger un wildlife educated people on my blog who honestly do not know anything about photography but love what ever standard of shots I put on the blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                    Trev, I agree with all you say, but the buzz of encouraging more and more wildlife not my area and being able to see and photograph them makes it so worth while. That is why I suggested you join us bloggers, I reach a much larger un wildlife educated people on my blog who honestly do not know anything about photography but love what ever standard of shots I put on the blog.
                    David can see your point, but there is no way I can see myself writing a regular Blog. I wrote a weekly Wildlife column for a publication every week for twenty five years, plus provided photographs to accompany it. I vowed that I would never write another word when I did the last one. As you know I still do a certain amount of photography (and filming) for a ‘In House’ publication. I do not want to take on anything else at the moment. Sorry
                    Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I just want to say thank you both and others on here who share their images and knowledge…it stimulates interest, certainly in me ( I couldn’t help but look up species of deer from shots posted by Dave and Skyelines earlier). It’s a shame so many of us have lost touch probably due to our ‘progressive’ lifestyles and what I see as a race to the bottom. In my work I help medium to large multinational companies implement and maintain environmental management systems with policy commitments to prevent pollution, identify and reduce environmental impacts systematically throughout the life cycle of their operations…that’s the best I can offer in doing my bit. I’ve always had that interest since building dens in the woods as a kid and studying the wildlife, catching butterflies and tickling trout - oh yes I did! ( once)…was also a member of friends of the earth. I now want to rebuild my knowledge and study through photography now that retirement is not so distant. So thanks for your contributions ….I’m sure you’ll never know how many appreciate your efforts.
                      Last edited by @imagesBV; 28-03-2023, 23:26.
                      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Nicely done Trev
                        Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

A very nice photo Trev!
                          Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Many thanks one and all for your comments
                            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                            X