Bempton Cliffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bempton Cliffs

Had a day out at Bempton Cliffs on Saturday. Fortunately the heavy rain held off until the following day. Not a subject I would usually look at but enjoyed the challenge.

Any comments welcome as always and thanks for looking.

Puffin In Flight by Pete Hollands, on Flickr

Puffin Lanch by Pete Hollands, on Flickr

Puffin Group by Pete Hollands, on Flickr

Razorbill by Pete Hollands, on Flickr

Pete

You did a cracking job of these, well done.

Comment

Great set Pete, well captured.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I love Bempton Cliffs and you have certainly done the place proud. Love the Puffins, but my favourite is the Razorbill.
        Colin

Comment

Nice set
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thank you for the comments, much appreciated.

Pete

Comment

I have looked at these again Pete and noted that it's not a subject you would normally look at. Perhaps you should reconsider, as these images show a real aptitude for the subject. Birds in flight is not an easy genre and I have known photographers try for many years to get good birds in flight images without any real success. These are not only well taken, but well composed and cropped to suit the subject, rather than standard paper sizes.
              Colin

Comment

Hello Colin, thank you very much for the kind words. Whenever I get the chance, which is not very often, I like to try different subjects and see what sort of results I can get. It means a lot to me to receive such comments.
                Pete

Comment

You are most welcome.
                  Colin

Comment

Nice photos

Comment

That's a fine set of pictures, you definitely rose to the challenge.

For a favourite I have to go with number 1, it really says Puffins to me.

(+ for 1)
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Nice set
                        Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Yep, nice set of images. Bempton Cliffs is a great experience if you've never been before. Always enjoy visiting. Trip planned for end of next month.
                          Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Wonderful set. Were you hanging off the cliff as well?
                            Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Thank you all for taking the time to look and your comments.

Coolcat- was I hanging off the cliff fortunately not. As they say, I left that to the birds.

Comment

Working...
                              X