Raptor Photoshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor Photoshoot

Recently taken on one of Canon's Experience Day thingys at the Raptor Centre in Biggleswade:-

C & C welcome

Re: Raptor Photoshoot

Looks like you had a good day there, What processing have you done as the colours look a bit flat, Some levels or contrast may help make the images pop more

Dave

Comment

I hope you dont mind-i will remove it if you do but i had a quick play and adjusted the levels,sat and added some sharpening,Then changed it from RGB to S rgb

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, thanks for the feedback.

No problem with the adjustments although I had done a fair bit already myself - perhaps my monitor needs calibrating. Your effort certainly improves it.

Just out of interest, what difference does changing from RGB to Srgb make?

Comment

Images can look flat when posted on the web in Adobe RGB but when converted to Srgb the colours come out, I shoot everything in RGB as thats what agencies require and then convert to Srgb profile for web use

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DCINNC View Post
            I hope you dont mind-i will remove it if you do but i had a quick play and adjusted the levels,sat and added some sharpening,Then changed it from RGB to S rgb

Dave
            Can you inform us which program and setting used to adjust and modify the image

I'd probably go a little bit further say:

May be too far ?

Anyway great photos Johny, I wished I'd taken them
            Last edited by rhodopsin; 15-09-2009, 21:53.
            rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Thats a big improvement on my quick edit, Mine still has that greyness to it-what did you do

Comment

Thanks for your input chaps - personally I've no problem at all with anyone enhancing my efforts as I look on it as an opportunity to learn and improve. Have to say that I prefer Dave's effort of the two as Rhodopsin's looks a little oversharpened to me, although it does have less greyness.

For the record the images were taken on a 30D + 300 F4 L. Can't remember the settings unfortunately (I'm at work!) although it was set to Av.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyAkes View Post
                  Thanks for your input chaps - personally I've no problem at all with anyone enhancing my efforts as I look on it as an opportunity to learn and improve. Have to say that I prefer Dave's effort of the two as Rhodopsin's looks a little oversharpened to me, although it does have less greyness.

For the record the images were taken on a 30D + 300 F4 L. Can't remember the settings unfortunately (I'm at work!) although it was set to Av.
                  Vertually no sharpening on this copy. Mainly adjustments to levels and contrast.

rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X