Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arundel WWT, Sat 7 Jan.

Hi

I went to Arundel WWT today, and had a very pleasant time! Quite a few birds on show, and I 'saw' my first Kingfisher - but unfortunately, no photo (worth posting)!

I also saw my first Bullfinch, but tricky getting (a) in focus between the twigs and branches, and (b) correct exposure against the sky. WDYT...

Bullfinch by mikep_eos, on Flickr

and I also added a few shots to my small but growing Nuthatch collection, of which, here's 2 from today!

Nuthatch by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Nuthatch head down by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Also met a nice 'non-forum' guy called Richard, and got chatting, as you do! He might join, now I've told him about us!. He also let me play with his 7D / 100-400, so now I'm itching to upgrade to a 7D and some 'L' glass! Was that a good idea, I ask myself!

C&C welcome. All the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Re: Arundel WWT, Sat 7 Jan.

Hi Mike

I have never seen a bullfinch, so well done for spotting it.
    I do like the nuthatch.

When are you upgrading?

Comment

So that's what it is... I saw one in my garden last week and only managed to get a quick couple of shots. Like you Mike, it was amidst branches and twigs so not a particularly good picture. Lovely bird though isn't it?

dumherre2 by Mazz2011, on Flickr

Sorry to interlope on your thread.
      “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
      http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Cheers guys!

Stephen - upgrading... when I think I can get away with it!

Mazzie - cheek! I like your shot better than mine... at least you can see the eye better in your shot! Nice capture, and I'm glad to have helped you identify it!

All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
        X