X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dive, Dive, Dive

Our Allez diving into the lake for a stick

Re: Dive, Dive, Dive

This is a really good shot, well balanced composition. Allez the dog has more space in front. Makes all the difference in a moving shot, but sometimes you need luck to get it. Maybe this could do with a bit more bite, I mean contrast?
    The Image Plane
    Snapshots of Anything

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I've added contrast and made it lighter, any better?

Comment

Edited with permission from Welshgold (thanks)

A great action shot, and I just finished watching a nice little programme on BBCi about Jacques Lartigue the French photographer who had a speciality of action shots, so that was good timing.

It does look underexposed to me. I put it in CS4 RAW editor and increased exposure, contrast, and clarity. I think it's brighter and has more depth. The water sprays seem to show up more, and the reflection seems more definite. Great shot. Did you shoot it on RAW - please tell me you shot it on RAW? Did I overdo the edit?

Last edited by carregwen; 28-10-2009, 22:07.

Comment

IMO perhaps the best attempt may be the one in between yours and mine? and no, I've not taken this in RAW mainly because it'll mean that I'll be on here longer than I want to be when I should be out taking more pics! I love manipulating pics on Aperture but do you think that it would be worth taking all my pics in RAW and spending even more time on here? what are the greatest advantages? one of the biggest disadvantages must be that shooting in RAW takes up a lot more card space.
          Anyway, do you take all/most of your pics in RAW? did you take those fab pics you took in Tenby in RAW?

Comment

Originally posted by welshgold View Post
            IMO perhaps the best attempt may be the one in between yours and mine? and no, I've not taken this in RAW mainly because it'll mean that I'll be on here longer than I want to be when I should be out taking more pics! I love manipulating pics on Aperture but do you think that it would be worth taking all my pics in RAW and spending even more time on here? what are the greatest advantages? one of the biggest disadvantages must be that shooting in RAW takes up a lot more card space.
            Anyway, do you take all/most of your pics in RAW? did you take those fab pics you took in Tenby in RAW?
            When you get a shot like this you really want it in RAW. It's worth spending a bit more time editing it. Memory is cheap. I always shoot in RAW, but then I don't keep many, so the time aspect isn't too bad. Yes, the fab Tenby shots were taken in RAW, although after I got out of the mud I did check!

Comment

Thought you might like to see my black version of Allez - Mario a Flatcoat. He also adores sticks and swimming for them!!! The lake has been frozen and too dangerous lately but is just melting - in Warks.

Comment

Hi everyone-my dog (oscar) hates water but you had to say stick didn't you, thanks alot !
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

What a great face - love the one ear up, one down look! They certainly get a lot of good exercise if they enjoy swimming!!

Comment

I tried them both Paul's in monochrome and IMHO I think they look even better as the dog stands out better from the background
                    ef-r

Comment

Working...
                    X