Re: Lola

You don't get more cute than that.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Wow what a nice bundle of fur. great pictures

Coda
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

#2 does it for me, I may have trimmed the image tighter on the puppy to the left and up to the edge of the bone on the right to fill the screen with Lola

Comment

Nice shots of a lovely little pup, my wife's family always had these and you have captured the look beautifully - cute little demons!

Exposure of the fur looks fine on my screen with good fur detail although the "Black" cloth is a little over lit, maybe a change of lighting or darken it down in the post processing would solve this?

I had to choose it would be the first and the last shots.

One small suggestion for improvement, you have an awful lot of "white spots" on the black background., try cloning them out and I think you will see it looks much better (I usually go over my black backgrounds with a strip of sticky tape to remove as much of these as possible before a shoot, but always end up having to do some cloning out at the end)
          My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

They all look nice but No's 1 and 2 i like best.

Comment

Nice shots, I like #1 best

Comment

Thank's everyone this was a very quick set up only about 15 minutes to set lights, quickly process and print so she had a photo to show people at work

Comment

Here you go i spent ages processing this one about 3 minutes

Comment

Cheers Brian, i think i will invest in some colourama paper because this was just some cheap black material off the market

Comment

Thumbs up. no. 1 & 2 faves. Really looks better for removing the spots.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

this was just some cheap black material off the market
                        very useful stuff that - I've got bags of it I drag out now and then (and white bits too ) I much prefer it to paper as it drapes nicely and can create interesting backdrops
                        Last edited by oldcanon; 22-12-2010, 09:18.
                        My camera is helping to look at the world more closely, then record what I see to share with others.

http://imagesfromnature.foliopic.com

Comment

These were shot with 2 no studio flashes main flash had a shoot through brolly and some grease proof paper to try and diffuse it a touch more (didn't have time to set up my large softbox) and one from behind with a diffuser and honeycomb

Comment

Originally posted by oldcanon View Post
                            QUOTE]this was just some cheap black material off the market
                            very useful stuff that - I've got bags of it I drag out now and then (and white bits too ) I much prefer it to paper as it drapes nicely and can create interesting backdrops[/QUOTE]

I will have to try and put some folds in it see how looks

Comment

Cheers Dee

Comment

Working...
                              X