Millie with her serious face on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millie with her serious face on

I ordered a new lens specifically for doing portrait work (Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art) but lockdown has rather scuppered any such work.
    My Mrs firmly told me where I could point the lens when I asked her to model...........and it wasn't her face!

So cats it is then.......Bet you would have never guessed
    This is our Millie in the lounge with the conservatory doors just behind her. Just a little bounced fill flash and a tight crop to avoid all the furniture. The depth of field in front and behind the focus is amazing at 1.4.
    I can't wait to do some people portrait work with this lens.

Millie by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

A very nice portrait....I really like the shallow depth of field but never know how important it is to get nose to eye sharpness when taking animals (more challenging with dogs with longer snout) .....this is nice with whiskers and eyes in focus.
    Enjoy your new lens!
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by @imagesBV View Post
      A very nice portrait....I really like the shallow depth of field but never know how important it is to get nose to eye sharpness when taking animals (more challenging with dogs with longer snout) .....this is nice with whiskers and eyes in focus.
      Enjoy your new lens!
      Cheers Brian,

It was good fun shooting wide open at 1.4mm to see what results I could achieve. Stop the lens down a little to around F2 and the thing is razor sharp. Looking forward to using it for my portrait work when we all start functioning again!
      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

I love this photo, well done.

Beautiful Millie has lovely sharp eyes and great details.
        Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Canon Fan View Post
          I love this photo, well done.

Beautiful Millie has lovely sharp eyes and great details.
          Many thanks
          Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X